NOI - Explain Pain (2 Days)
Date: 2-3 June 2018
Presented By: Tim Beames, MSc. BSc MCSP, UK
Early bird ends 30 April 2018
This lecture is based on David Butler and Lorimer Moseley’s book ‘Explain Pain’. The presenter will help you understand how the pain system works when there are injured tissues and nerves and what happens in the brain in relation to pain experiences. Explaining modern neuroscience to patients is an evidence-based strategy which can change their pain and stress behaviours. Participants will be taken through the latest knowledge of tissue, nerve, brain and stress effects on pain and movement. Serious material but you’ll have fun learning!
- To expand the clinical framework of rehabilitation via the paradigms of neuromatrix, pain mechanisms and modern biopsychosocialism.
- To teach biologically based pain management skills under a framework of the sciences of clinical reasoning and evidence from clinical trials, neurobiology and education research.
- To reconceptualise pain and stress in terms of modern neuroscience and philosophy.
- To stimulate an urgent reappraisal of current thinking in rehabilitation, with benefits for all stakeholders in clinical outcomes - the patient, the therapist, the referrer and the payer.
- To teach the core pain management skills of neuroscience education.
14 CPD Hours
Registration: Saturday 08:45
Lunch and refreshments included
Terms and Conditions
Course organisers reserve the right to make alterations to fees, arrangements and dates for teaching and learning sessions, including the decision to run all or parts of the course in the light of demand. In the event that the course is cancelled or re-scheduled by the course organiser, a full refund of fees will be given, but the college takes no responsibility for travel or accommodation expenses incurred by the delegate. If for any reason you are unable to attend the seminar please be aware that fees will be refunded, less a £10 administration charge, for all cancellations received at least 30 days before the event. Cancellations received after the 30 day period but 7 days prior to the seminar date will receive a 50% refund less the £10 administration charge. No refunds can be given after this time. Contractual disclaimer: The views expressed in written material and by presenters do not necessarily reflect those of the AECC, nor doesmention of trade names, organisations or professional practices imply endorsement by the AECC. The AECC acts in good faith with respect to the contents of this course information and advertisement material. The AECC does not accept liability resulting in refunds for the content and delivery of the CPD event itself, which remains at the sole discretion of the course speakers and contributors.
For any CPD seminar enquires please contact the CPD Administrator: Mrs Carleen Coombes firstname.lastname@example.org 44 (0)1202 436 237