First Aid for Healthcare Professionals
Date: 17 February 2018
Presented By: Tony Bennison
Early Bird Ends 15 January 2018
An intensive 1 day course, with extensive scenario based training and incorporating the Health & Safety Executive’s ‘Emergency First Aid at Work’ syllabus.
- Overview – course introduction & course objectives
- Aims and Principles of First Aid
- Recognition of Myocardial Infarction (MI): Emergency Parameters
- Action at an Emergency – roles & responsibilities, legal requirements, first aid equipment
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation - Primary Survey (DRABC) and Interventions Resuscitation Council (UK) Guidelines 2011
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation – practical (single and dual rescuer) including use of pocket mask
- Management of the Unconscious Casualty - assessment and treatment including Recovery Position and use of AVPU
- Current Perspectives: Guideline Changes 2011, Automatic External Defibrillators (AED’s), Special Resuscitation situations
On completion of the course delegates will receive an HSE ‘Emergency First Aid at Work’ certificate valid for 3 years - the minimum level of statutory training recommended under Health and Safety legislation and accepted for all insurance, CPD and PCT requirements.
7 CPD Hours
Registration - Saturday 08:45
Saturday - 09:00—17:00
Lunch and refreshments included
Terms and Conditions
Course organisers reserve the right to make alterations to fees, arrangements and dates for teaching and learning sessions, including the decision to run all or parts of the course in the light of demand. In the event that the course is cancelled or re-scheduled by the course organiser, a full refund of fees will be given, but the college takes no responsibility for travel or accommodation expenses incurred by the delegate. If for any reason you are unable to attend the seminar please be aware that fees will be refunded, less a £10 administration charge, for all cancellations received at least 30 days before the event. Cancellations received after the 30 day period but 7 days prior to the seminar date will receive a 50% refund less the £10 administration charge. No refunds can be given after this time. Contractual disclaimer: The views expressed in written material and by presenters do not necessarily reflect those of the AECC, nor doesmention of trade names, organisations or professional practices imply endorsement by the AECC. The AECC acts in good faith with respect to the contents of this course information and advertisement material. The AECC does not accept liability resulting in refunds for the content and delivery of the CPD event itself, which remains at the sole discretion of the course speakers and contributors.
For any CPD seminar enquires please contact the CPD Administrator: Mrs Carleen Coombes email@example.com 44 (0)1202 436 237