World Spine Day News 2016
Posted on Friday October 21 2016 by Terri Hignett
Each year the World Federation of Chiropractic organise ‘World Spine Day’ to raise awareness about spinal disorders. Encouraging others to get involved, the theme this year, was 'Straighten up and move’ promoting proper posture, stretch and movement to prevent spinal problems.
Companies and individuals were invited to share events and stories on caring for their spines using hashtags #WorldSpineDay and #StraightenUpandMove.
We took a quick look at who was involved this year and the stories they shared. Here are a few insights for you on the worldwide contribution from chiropractic students and the profession.
- The World Federation of Chiropractic has teamed up with the UCL Medical School MDs Comedy Revue Society to produce the official World Spine Day 2016 promotional video. Watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watchv=q2VIomrHi40&list=PL8HSzCvNPiszkNA48sMnwqeAOeg4MbGk_
- The AECC shared stories via social media about the importance of staying active: https://www.facebook.com/AECCchiropracticcollege/
- The World College of Chiropractic students (WCCS), took part in a group exercise class here at the college to help further promote the theme straighten up and move. Find out more about the WCCS AECC chapter here: http://wccseuropeanregional.com/
- Chiropractors across the world shared stories of their patients whose lives have changed with chiropractic care, and offered advice on correct posture for standing, sitting, driving etc.
- The British Chiropractic Association urged people to pay attention to their posture and straighten up by supplying a number of tips to improve posture and protect against back pain: https://chiropractic-uk.co.uk/straighten-world-spine-day/
- The Canadian Chiropractic Association shared a full straighten up workout on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpGhT-nZ9JI&list=PL8HSzCvNPiszkNA48sMnwqeAOeg4MbGk_&index=3
- Danish chiropractors’ educated children at street events called 'Spine Professor' where they were encouraged to take part in a number of challenges to receive a diploma poster at the end.
- The Chiropractors' Association of Australia, promoted their straighten up exercise programmes for children and adults. Download the programs here: http://chiropractors.asn.au/resources/health-initiatives/straighten-up-australia-1
World Spine Day is a part of the Bone and Joint Decade (BJD) Action Week which occurs each year in October. Bone and Joint Decade (BJD)- Global Alliance for Musculoskeletal Health is an independent global non-profit organisation, headquartered in Cornwall, England. Find out more about the BJD here: http://bjdonline.org/